Rosacea and Redness
One of several laser rooms at Renew
Treatment options for Rosacea and Redness
Facial redness can be caused by several conditions, the most common being sun damage, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and acne. Rosacea is very common. It is an inflammatory condition that makes the blood vessels on your face visible. Doctors aren’t sure what causes it, but they suspect that genes, mites, bacteria, and sun damage play roles. If you have rosacea, you may also get symptoms like: • Flushed cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead • Small, acne-like bumps on your face • Patches of dry skin • Enlarged pores • Swollen nose • Eye problems such as red, itchy eyes, and swollen eyelids
Unwanted facial capillaries are easily cleared!
The most effective treatment for unwanted facial redness and capillaries is a vascular laser. These are lasers which specifically target the hemoglobin in the vessels, causing them to close off in as few as 1 to 2 treatment sessions.
- Fast: Treatment sessions take 15 to 30 minutes
- Comfortable: The efficient cryogen numbing of the DermaV Laser makes these treatment sessions easily tolerated
- Long Lasting: Once the vessels are cleared, maintenance sessions are often once a year
- Simultaneously removes some unwanted pigment (sun damage)
- The Lutronic DermaV laser has the ideal wavelengths to treat browns and reds simultaneously
- Its effective and adjustable cooling system protects the skin AND makes treatment sessions more comfortable
- Capable of treating unwanted vessels on the face, neck, chest and other body areas
Two types of Laser Facial are commonly performed with this device:
- DermaV Full Face: Suitable for treating active rosacea, unwanted facial capillaries and ‘cherry red spots’. Reg. price Face $325, Face + Neck $395, Chest $350
- DermaV Clear and Smooth: Suitable for milder redness, as a maintenance treatment for rosacea to delay recurrence of symptoms, and to reduce inflammatory redness due to acne. Reg Price Face $250, Face + Neck $295
Which Is Better : Laser Or IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) ?
IPL’s are not lasers. The machines produce a broad spectrum of wavelengths (like a light bulb) and cannot be focused to a concentrated beam. The IPL energy will not penetrate as deep as laser does. IPL can be effective for redness reduction and the treatment of smaller capillaries in patients with light skin. Treatment with IPL tends to be more uncomfortable than laser. Both will produce post procedure swelling.
For DermaV Full Face:
- Shave any hair in the treatment zone 4 to 6 hrs before the appointment
- Please arrive without makeup or lotions on the treatment zone
- Do not use self tanning products or have spray tans done for 2 weeks prior.
- Consider pre-treating with Arnica- this is a homeopathic supplement which reduces bruising and swelling post procedure. It is available at Renew, or at your local pharmacy or natural health store.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for 2 weeks prior and post treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes (cold sores) in the area to be treated, notify us so that you can be pre-treated to avoid an outbreak.
For DermaV Clear and Smooth:
- Similar to above but no significant swelling is expected from this procedure. Therefore use of Arnica is not necessary. Prophylaxis for cold sore outbreak is also not necessary.
Post Treatment Expectations
For Derma V Full Face :
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected and usually lasts less than 1 hour (rarely up to 72 hrs).
- Mild to moderate swelling will occur. The larger and more numerous the visible vessels are, the more swelling would be expected. Swelling can resolve within 48 hours but sometimes lasts a day or two longer.
- Some bruising can occur – usually when the blood vessels are larger in size.
- Bathe or shower as usual. Avoid aggressive rubbing.
- Follow up treatments if needed are usually at 4 to 6 week intervals
- Use sun block daily, and reapply every 2 hours if you are going to be out for a prolonged period of time.
For DermaV Clear and Smooth:
- No swelling or bruising is expected
- Follow Up sessions can be done at 3 or more weeks apart
- Use sunblock daily
Before & After Photos
If you’re interested in learning more about DermaV laser for Redness, Rosacea or Sun Damage, schedule a consult! For more advanced pigmentation issues we also have the Lutronic Spectra laser.
Disclaimer: Individual results will vary by person and are based upon patient variables (such as genetics, age and lifestyle), the severity of the condition before the procedure, the procedure(s) chosen, and compliance with any recommended aftercare program. No one can guarantee an exact outcome for any aesthetic procedure.
The content of this website is intended to be general information- it should not be used to diagnose or treat a medical condition, and is in no way meant to be a substitute for seeking appropriate medical care.