Lip and Perioral Enhancement
Adding Volume and Softening Age Related Changes
of the Peri-Oral Region
Enhance your natural lip contours with dermal filler
Restore lost collagen, smoothing unwanted lines
Natural in Motion
Advanced Techniques for Natural Looking
Peri-Oral Rejuvenation Doesn’t Have to Look “Fake”
Modern techniques utilizing hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers, along with other collagen
stimulating modalities, can restore lip volume, contours, and smooth surrounding skin
for a more youthful appearance.
The peri-oral region undergoes significant changes over time as a result of age-related collagen loss, sun damage, and repetitive muscle
action. The body of the upper and lower lip can lose volume, the surrounding skin may develop fine lines, and the corners of the mouth
can turn downward which leads to a “sad” or “displeased” expression. Fortunately, there are a variety of interventions which can
rejuvenate this region, restoring lost collagen and volume which leads to a softer, more youthful appearance. Even in more youthful lips,
dermal filler can be used to enhance natural contours to produce a plumper, more voluptuous contour.
Enhance volume, contours and smoothness with minimal
downtime and a natural looking result
Several techniques are available to rejuvenate the peri-oral region depending on your individual needs. In most cases, there is minimal downtime and immediate improvement.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers designed especially for the lip are available which restore lost volume, move naturally with expression, and if needed can also be used to correct fine lines and downturned corners.
PDO smoothing threads
Tiny collagen stimulating threads can be introduced into the border of the lips and/or into the surrounding skin to stimulate new collagen. The threads dissolve over the course of about 3 months, but the collagen they stimulate can last for years.
Energy based treatments
There are many choices for collagen stimulating treatments in the perioral region- most commonly laser resurfacing, microneedling with or without platelet rich plasma (PRP), and microneedling with radiofrequency energy delivery for additional collagen stimulation.
This patient can benefit from addressing multiple issues, including loss of lip volume, vertical lip lines, correction of the, irregular vermillion border, improvement of the oral, commissures (corners of the mouth) and smoothing of the, marionette region. This can be accomplished utilizing dermal filler alone, or combining dermal filler with other techniques, such as
Let us help you choose the best filler and/or
rejuvenating procedure to meet your needs
With several options available, we understand it can be difficult to figure out which
procedure or combination of procedures might best suit you.
That is why we offer free customized consultations where we can make recommendations based on your particular needs, preferences and
goals for correction. Which procedures are recommended will depend on several factors including most notably:
Multiple Syringe Peri-Oral correction- Marionette lines, vertical lip lines, oral commissure correction
PDO smoothing threads placed in the perioral
Smoothing PDO threads being
placed above upper lip to correct
vertical lip lines
Smoothing PDO threads being
placed to lift the oral commisure
Before & After Photos
Correcting volume loss and fine lines in the perioral
region restores a more youthful appearance
Our techniques are designed to give you the results you are looking for, to stimulate new and long lasting collagen, and to minimize
downtime. Whether you are looking for plumper lips or smoother skin, we can help you achieve your goals with the latest in regenerative
techniques at Renew MediSpa!
Lip Filler microcannula technique
PDO threads in the peri-oral region
We've Got You Covered!
- We recommend that you avoid having procedures such as dental work, which might stretch or deform your result, for a period of 3 weeks.
- Procedures involving heat, such as RF Microneedling or Laser Skin Resurfacing, should be avoided for 3 to 4 weeks if the skin around the lips has been treated with dermal filler.
- Do not massage the region during the healing phase as you may increase swelling by doing so, and could alter the shape of the result.
- Some people feel that premedicating with arnica tablets and/or bromelain tablets, beginning 1 day before or the morning of your injection and continuing for 2 days afterward, reduces the amount of swelling. These supplements are available OTC. We also have arnica available for purchase at Renew.
- You can also use topical arnica preparations during the healing process.
- Immediately post procedure you can apply an ice pack which we can provide.
- You may wish to avoid extremes of heat or vigorous exercise- they will not affect the dermal filler but might temporarily increase your swelling response.
- Again, premedicating with arnica and/or bromelain tablets can be helpful. Avoid aspiring containing products (even baby aspirin) for 3 to 4 weeks, and anti-inflammatory medications for 2 weeks pre-procedure (ex:ibuprofen/Motrin, Naprosyn/Aleve, naproxen/Anaprox).
- You can still have these procedures if you are on blood thinners, but your likelihood of bruising will be increased.
- Avoid nutritional supplements which increase bruising for at least 1 week (ex: fish oil, vitamin E, garlic, ginger, gingko, ginseng and turmeric)
There is no “best” dermal filler per se. For fine line work around the mouth we highly recommend RHA Redensity! No other HA filler on the market performs as well in reducing the appearance of etched peri-oral lines. For lip volume primarily we utilize Revanesse Versa Lips (a slightly larger 1.2 ml syringe compared to competitors). We will guide you based on your specific needs.
- The smoothing threads are loaded onto very tiny needles which introduce them into the subdermal region of the skin around the lips. They are placed close together in “rows” to stimulate maximum collagen response over time.
- PDO Lip threads are loaded onto very thin microcannulas, which are dull tipped but otherwise similar to the needle loaded threads. They are introduced into the border of the lip, usually 5 in total, and are more expensive due to their special design and longer length.
Disclaimer: Individual results will vary by person and are based upon patient variables (such as genetics, age and lifestyle), the severity of
the condition before the procedure, the procedure(s) chosen, and compliance with any recommended aftercare program. No one can
guarantee an exact outcome for any aesthetic procedure.
The content of this website is intended to be general information- it should not be used to diagnose or treat a medical condition, and is in
no way meant to be a substitute for seeking appropriate medical care.